Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's a ...

Life is so full of surprises and blessings. Jon and I were able to find out that we are going to have a baby GIRL!!! We were able to find out at week 16 because we participated in a study at the Utah Valley hospital for preterm birth. We had previously decided that we didn't care if it was a boy or girl, we just wanted a healthy baby. I worked hard to make sure my brain stayed gender free, so when we were able to find out that we are having a girl it was really exciting to finally start thinking of names and imagining our baby.
Our baby appears to be very healthy, 150/min heart beat, 2 legs, 2 arms, 2 eyes, 1 mouth. It was amazing to watch our miracle moving around on the black and white screen. I even felt her move last week. She has become the center of our world, and we can't wait to meet her.

Since the last time I wrote Jon lost his Job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, they got rid of all the part time office assistance. He is still looking for a job, but we have a few prospects and are hoping that this will be a good opportunity for him to get a job with experience with youth. Jon is finishing up his Junior year at BYU and he is excited to finally have a break from school this upcoming summer.
I found myself working on various projects and trying to keep my house clean. The "nesting" that people talk about is definetly present, I find myself wanting to clean at our apartment, but I don't always have the energy to do so.

2 comments:

elizabeth, eliza, liza, liz, elles, etc. said...

OH MY GOSH, again, SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS. You HAVEEEEEE to keep your blog updated with name ideas, decorating details etc. I love this sort of stuff.

valmike said...

Official Congrats again! Having little girls is fun. You'd never expect it but Daddy's like to pick out little pink fluffy dresses! -VAL