Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Job - New Belly

I love spring and all the wonderful things that come this time of year (weather, flowers, green, rain, baby animals, happy people, camping, etc). Jon and I both have new things to celebrate!
Jon got a job!!! He started working at Chrysalis, this is an assisted living organization that has several homes around the valley for mentally handicapped individuals. There are generally 3-4 individuals (of same gender) living together. Jon's job is to go spend time with them and make sure they get to work, take their meds, or just enjoy life. Jon is really excited to have this job and the experience that he will gain. It is definetly a plus that this gives him the leadership experiences needed for a future resume.
I have a new belly!!! Even though I am half way through my pregnancy I didn't feel like my belly was sticking out until about 2 week ago, and now it is just getting bigger. I was still able to sleep on my stomach, wear my normal shirts, and bend over without thinking. Last weekend I made Jon go shopping with me to find maternity shirts, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I guess since everyone and their dog is pregnant in Provo the stores are picked out. The only thing that kept me motivated to keep looking in other stores was the tight and uncomfortable shirt that I was wearing. On the bright side I can still wear my jeans. Even though I can't wear my favorite shirts it is fun to see my belly grow and it is especially exciting when I can feel our sweet baby moving around.

These are a few other cute pictures that we took when we went hiking with Caesar

4 comments:

Callie said...

I love the new belly! You look fabulous!

valmike said...

Congrats on finding a job. I noticed that while on our vacation to Michigan that my baby decided to make her presence known and really pop out! I went from looking like I'd had too much fun at a buffet to really looking pregnant in about a week. It was crazy.

Lacey said...

You look so cute! Congrats on the new job and the new belly... now I want to see some pictures of that cute belly! Good luck with the maternity clothes! I hated looking for them and eventually just gave up on the actually maternity clothes and just went to normal stores and was amazed at how well the styles worked with a belly! Good luck!

Alan Daniels Family said...

I'm with lacey. We need some full-on and profile belly pictures to accurately assess the cuteness factor!